Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sweet Memory Makeover: Sleeping Beauty

Ah Sleeping Beauty!This is hands down, my favourite Disney movie as a kid. One reason being that I found her as the most beautiful princess of them all and the other reason is that well, she she shared a quality I loved the most....sleeping!

Okay okay so she didn't really like sleeping so much...well she was cursed but who cares!?I can relate...somehow!Umm....Moving on.....

So according to the movie, she was cursed to die at the age of 16 but her fairy godmothers changed the curse to put her to sleep instead of death. I have to admit that is probably the only gift that did make sense given the situation they were in. The gift of beauty and the gift of song....really now?Why couldn't you give me something way more better than that...like maybe gift of being super intelligent? She is to be a princess....how is she going to rule her kingdom? By singing songs to her enemies during a battlefield? Oh right I forgot, it doesn't work that way....just well I would never want gifts like that if I had fairy god mothers. This is another thing, how lucky is this princess? She doesn't get one....she gets three of them!How the heck did she land up with three??That is going to make the other disney princess green with jealously. And what was with her last wish anyways?To be awaken by one true kiss, I'm suprised daddy king didnt have a prob with that, It would have been hilarious to see him go "Say what now?" and get all anxious over his teenage daughter of the future and the true love idiot that comes her way.

I guess she didn't have it all, she was sent to the woods to live most of her life. Again I don't really remember why, wasn't the security in the castle enough?Maybe not, Maleficent did crash into a ceremony at ease, then again I doubt hiding in the woods with dangerous animals in the open can be any safer too. And who happens to meet her in the creepy woods?The prince...of course she didn't know he was a prince at that time....stranger danger....wait she still fell in love with him without knowing who he was?*facepalms*


Of course, the movie ramble is not complete without talking about our beloved villain who started the whole drama to being with....Maleficent....who apparently put the curse because she was not invited to the party...sensitive much? But no matter, she is still an awesome villain, even though she had the worst army ever and spells that can be altered by other magic people regardless she had an awesome evil personality.


And so there was a battle, villain dies, he kissed, they lived happily ever after.....hold up...she is 16 in the story?How old was he?Again, daddy king didn't seem to mind but heck 16?What would she do if she was 16 right now at this era?I know I would tweet about it, "OMG!I'm back guys!Best sleepover ever!Lv you Prince Phil!" then probably change my Facebook relationship status to married and hav all my friends comment "when did this happen?". Oh, its not complete without my profile pic changed into the time I did the waltz with him while my godmothers kept bickering whether my dress was pink or blue. Okay, I am being a bit unfair, not all 16 year old girls are like that...but hey it wouldn't be funny otherwise....we are talking about Sleeping beauty here lets just go with the flow shall we? :P

No matter how weird the movie sounds in this post, sleeping beauty is hands down going to be my all time favourite movie among all. I wish was her, sleep the entire time and wake up to be married to my true love with three godmothers do everything at my will, wow, I am so motivated with my life goals.

Well, I'm done for now sorry if this post does'nt look so polished...I kinda made this post in the last minute after a week of so called writer's block *whoops*, so yeah...till next time!Will see you guys very soon!Umm...you guys still here....okay then....*quitely exits the invisible stage*


4 comments:

  1. Hahaha I have not seen Sleeping Beauty but, after your description, I'm not sure I want to anymore. (Just kidding!)

    Actually, the only Disney movies I've seen are Hercules, Mulan and Tangled. It makes me laugh to think about how you might describe the plots of these stories! :P (In a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I love Hercules and Mulan, in fact right now I have a need to watch them all over again! ^.^

      Delete
  2. Hahaha... truly njoyd ur post niks... waiting for the one we talked abt...
    lols... ;)
    Btw in a weird way the Witchy Fairy kinda reminds me of u :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I cannot wait to work on that one! ;D
      Let's face it..the evil ones always look like me! XD

      Delete